ACES Advancing Futures: Adult ABA program is a program for adults with autism and other developmental disabilities ages 18 and up. Using Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy techniques, ACES provides adults with center-based as well as community-based instruction to increase independence in the areas of daily living skills, socialization, and community integration. Each individual will be included in every step of their program and skills will be developed to achieve their goals.
ACES Advancing Futures: Adult ABA program is open every day of the week to ensure flexibility for our adult participants.
- Participants must be 17 years or older and conserved
- Meet the prerequisites for the adult program prior to participation
- The parent/guardian or participant is responsible for the fees pertaining to the community outing as well as the fees of the staff member supporting them during the outing
Adult Groups Offered
- Adult Life Skills Group These clients work on life skills in various settings (e.g., the clinic, home, and community outings, if appropriate). The focus will be to increase independence with basic life skills such as cooking and personal hygiene. Once a client has mastered life skills in their home or ACES Advancing Futures: Adult ABA program they will graduate to the community and social-based adult group.
- Community and Social Based Adult GroupThese clients work on integrating into the community while learning advanced skills that will help them reach a more independent lifestyle in numerous social contexts. These clients participate regularly in community-based instruction and social skills training sessions at ACES advancing futures Adult ABA program. Groups typically run one time per week starting in the clinic for approximately 3-4 hours in duration. There's a framework designed from the latest research on social skills training and typically incorporates the following group activities:
- Meeting Time
- Leisure Skills
- Snack and Restroom Breaks
- Functional Living Skills
- Community-Based Outings
- A Social Skills Lesson
ACES also provides access to an Adolescent and Adult specialist who can provide consultation to the groups, individual clients, and their caregivers on topics, such as Self-Determination and Self-Advocacy, Health and Safety, Peer Relationships, Community Participation and supports, Personal Finance, Leisure and Recreation, Transportation, Career Path and Employment Skills, and Home Living.
Ready to get started? Sign-up Today!
Major Insurances Accepted: Aetna, BCBS, Humana, United, Cigna, and more!