MakerKids: Coding Focused Group (Age 5-11)
October 30 (Monday) 4:00 pm - December 4 (Monday) 5:00 pm PST
ACES is excited to partner with MakerKids to host a virtual Focused Group for clients interested in Coding! In this 6 week series, clients will learn everything they need to know
ACES is excited to partner with MakerKids to host a virtual Focused Group for clients interested in Coding!
In this 6 week series, clients will learn everything they need to know to code their very own game: character development, storyboarding, animation, environment and level design, beta testing and, of course, coding! Kids will code games, websites and more. They learn how computers work, exercise creativity by coming up with ideas for how their project will look and feel, and build resilience and perseverance when trouble-shooting their code.
Skills Learned: Resilience, Confidence, Internet Safety, Logic, Game Design, Beta-Testing
Prerequisite Skills for Participants:
- Meet ACES Focused Group Pre-Requisites
- Can follow multi-step instructions on the computer
- Sits at computer for at least 50 minutes without attempts to leave
- Has basic computer skills (e.g. how to simultaneously use a mouse with one hand while navigating with the WASD keys with the other, how to identify keys and and buttons by reading what they say, etc.)
- Computer running Windows 10 or a recent release of OSX.
- Chrome browser.
- Access to a stable consumer level broadband internet connection
- Permissions to override anything that prevents web conferencing.
- Has access to headphones, microphone, and a webcam.
- Has an adult available to supervise the child during the sessions and help when needed
See this LINK for more details on how to prepare for a Coding Session.
When: Mondays 4-5 pm PST from October 30, 2023 – December 4, 2023
Where: Microsoft Teams Telehealth Sessions
Deadline to enroll: Monday October 23, 2023
Cost: $126+tax per 6 week session (Payment link will be provided to Supervisor upon client enrollment)
Interested in Events?